About Katherine Wardropper
Katherine Wardropper is an award winning textile designer who specializes in 3D textiles. Using a self developed textile technique, Katherine creates highly unique and timeless pieces for high-end fashion and interiors. Each piece is unique and a testament to the nature of couture craftsmanship. Colour, pattern and structure is fundamentally recognizable throughout Katherine’s work. All made from the finest silks, Katherine plays with the soft qualities of fabrics and transforms them into strong, durable yet light weight creations. All of Katherine Wardropper’s work is designed and made in London.
Upon graduation Katherine launched her business immediately picking up prestigious awards and attracting key press attention. She now stocks in many high profile outlets in the UK and internationally.
For fashion Katherine creates beautiful ornate ladies jewellery which range from lavish statement pieces to smaller accessible designs. The styles are classic and sophisticated with a contemporary twist and suitable for all ages. With a feather light density the jewellery pieces echo the pleated forms of Elizabethan ruffles and seventeenth century lace.
Katherine Wardropper also offers a commission based service producing bespoke jewellery pieces specifically handcrafted to suit clients needs.Whether it’s for a wedding, a flamboyant party or a specific dress to accessories, Katherine is here to help produce that perfect unique accessory for that special occasion. With a wide range of colours and sizes to choose from Katherine can help design and make anything from earrings, hair accessories, brooches, neckpieces, pendants and tie up ribbon belts.
For interiors Katherine hand crafts interior wall pieces. Inspired from traditional period features and wood carvings Katherine’s beautiful wall pieces push the boundaries of surface pattern design, playing upon the qualities of light and shadow. The 3D wall creations range from single wall pieces, large wall panels, wall decals and ceiling roses. Each piece is carefully designed and made for specific requirements.
• Inhorgenta Europe Design Podium Awards 2009 – Shortlisted for The Innovation prize
• UK Jewellery Awards 2009 – Shortlisted for ‘Young Designer of the Year’
• UK Trade & Investment Award for Export – Shortlisted at Origin 2008
• Bellhouse Foundation Award 2007 – Grant for a studio space at Cockpit Arts Deptford.
• Arts Council England 2007– Awarded a grant to produce a large scaled Wall Panel for Origin
• ‘PULSE 2007 – ‘Most on Trend Product’ Awared by Josa Young, Editor and writer for VOGUE.COM
• Larusmiani Prize – For “Originality and Innovation” This involved a trip to Milan to visit the Italian company and a design project which was exhibited at Premier Vision 2005